Single & Parenting
Single & Parenting
How a Single & Parenting group works
At a Single & Parenting group, you’ll participate in video seminars that explain how to:
- Wisely encourage your kids to obey
- Help your hurting child
- Eliminate debt
- Deal with verbal onslaughts
- Figure out what your emotions are telling you
- Plus, you’ll develop meaningful friendships with other single parents, who, like you, are tired of hectic mornings and chaotic evenings, the kids fighting, and a never-ending to-do list.
About Single & Parenting Groups
Other people don’t truly understand how tough it is to be a single parent—day after day after day. Sometimes you want to give up. And that’s a normal reaction—you’re doing the job of two people. You should be tired.
The thing is, you deeply desire to do what’s best for your kids, but you worry that you can’t. Sometimes it’s all you can do to survive from one day to the next.
So what can you do?
Single & Parenting groups address these concerns. You’ll discover how to deal with your deep-down worries and your day-to-day struggles.
At a weekly Single & Parenting group, you’ll meet with other single parents to learn and discuss some amazing parenting strategies and hope-filled insights.
How Single & Parenting works
Each Single & Parenting session has three distinct elements:
The videos are interesting and dynamic to watch, and filled with practical advice you can easily apply.
- Life-changing teaching from counsellors and professionals who have been, or who work with, single parents
- Single parents who’ve faced parenting dilemmas and share the solutions they found
- Demos on how to handle tough situations with your kids
Small group discussion
After viewing the video, you’ll spend time in a small group and discuss the video concepts and how to apply them. Each group member will also have the opportunity to talk about what is going on in his or her life. It’s encouraging to realize the things you’re facing as a single parent are normal and survivable!
Workbook-based personal application
Between sessions, you get the chance to apply the strategies to your daily life. Short, daily workbook exercises help you adjust the tips to work for you. Whatever your struggles—kids, discipline, exhaustion, money, ex-partner, depression, anger—the workbook helps you address the situation at its source.